The problem: You want to digitize materials, but are unsure where to start. You're not even sure if you understand what digitization will entail and how it will impact your organization.
The solution: Work with someone who can steer you through the process, eliminate roadblocks for you, and put you on the path to success.
Hurst Associates works with organizations that are thinking about converting hardcopy and analogue items (e.g., photographs, letters, newspapers, journals, ephemera, audio) to digital files. This process -- known as digitization -- contains many steps and organizations often need guidance to assure that they take into consideration all of the aspects that the project will entail. For example:
- What criteria is the organization using to decide what materials to convert into electronic form?
- How will the materials be indexed so that they can be easily retrieved?
- Are they using file formats, storage media, and preservation techniques that will ensure that materials are available in the future?
Hurst Associates brings both academic and practical knowledge to digitization projects gained from specific project work as well as research on trends and activities. Hurst Associates has completed digitization plans (or pre-plans) for:
- Western New York Library Resources Council
- South Central Regional Libraries Council
- Northern New York Library Network
- Capital District Library Council
- Chautauqua-Cattaraugus Library System
To discuss how Hurst Associates can help you with your digitization project/program, contact Hurst Associates at (315) 243-4403 or hurst@HurstAssociates.com.